1) In prehepatic jaundice Bilirubin/Urobilinogen is detected in urine.
2) In post hepatic jaundice Bilirubin/Urobilinogen is detected in urine.
3) Bilirubin/Biliverdin is the first pigment to be formed.
4) Both Bilirubin and urobilinogen are detected in urine in hepatic/post hepatic jaundice.
5) Vitamin K deficiency is not encountered in prehepatic/post hepatic jaundice.
6) Serum Albumin/Globulin levels are increased in chronic liver disorders.
7) Prothrombin time is decreased /increased in liver disorders.
8) Blood Glucose/Galactose level would increase in Galactose Tolerance test in a normal individual.
9) Blood Glucose/Galactose level would increase in Galactose Tolerance test in a patient with liver disorder.
10) Serum total cholesterol level increases /decreases in obstructive jaundice.
11) Benzoic acid conjugates with Cysteine/ Glycine for the formation of Hippuric acid.
12) ALP/ALT rises in obstructive liver disorders.
13) ALP/ALT rises in viral hepatitis.
(ALT- Alanine amino Transferase)
14) AST/ALT would rise more in alcoholism.
(AST-Aspartate amino Transferase)
15) Pale/Dark colored stools are observed in haemolytic jaundice.
16) Pale/Dark coloured stools are observed in obstructive jaundice.
(Pale- In fact Clay coloured)
17) Vitamin B2/B12 is stored in liver.
18) Normal blood ammonia level should be 40-70 µg/dl /10-40 µg/dl.
19) Indirect/Direct positive Van den Bergh reaction is observed in haemolytic jaundice.
20) Indirect/Direct positive Van den Bergh reaction is observed in post hepatic jaundice.
21) In cirrhosis of liver blood urea/ammonia would be higher than normal.
22) Normal prothrombin time is 14 seconds/minutes.
23) Plasma fibrinogen level decreases/increases in advanced liver cirrhosis.
(Decreases)Please help "Biochemistry for Medics" by CLICKING ON THE ADVERTISEMENTS above!