- # About the Author
- # About the web site
- # Our second web site
- # Question of the day
- A New Book of Biochemistry
- Acid Base Balance
- Animations Links
- Biochemical Techniques
- Biochemistry Quiz
- Biological Oxidation
- Chemistry of Carbohydrates
- Chemistry of Lipids and Eicosanoids
- Chemistry of Nucleotides
- Chemistry of Proteins
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Diet and Nutrition
- Facebook Group Posts
- Haem Synthesis and Degradation
- Hemoglobin and Hemoglobinopathies
- Liver Function Tests
- Metabolism – Carbohydrates
- Metabolism – Lipids
- Metabolism – Nucleotides
- Metabolism – Proteins
- Metabolism of Alcohol
- Molecular Biology
- Past Papers
- Power Point Presentations
- Practical Biochemistry
- Abnormal Urine
- Blood Glucose Estimation
- Blood Urea and Urea Clearance Estimation
- Normal Laboratory Reference Values
- Normal Urine Analysis
- Power point presentations
- Protein Precipitation Reactions
- Reactions of Carbohydrates
- Serum Creatinine and Creatinine clearance estimation
- Serum Total Protein estimation
- Practice Questions
- Quick revisions
- Renal Function Tests
- Semester Paper
- Students’ corner
- Water and Electrolyte balance and Imbalance
Questions- Carbohydrate Metabolism-4 (Uronic acid pathway and Glycogen Metabolism)
Q.5- What is the cost of converting glucose 6-phosphate into glycogen and back into glucose-6-phosphate?
Q.6-Is the energy required to synthesize glycogen from glucose 6-phosphate the same as the energy required to degrade glycogen to glucose 6-phosphate?
Q.7-“The phosphoroylytic cleavage of glycogen is the key for glycogen metabolism.” Justify the statement.
Q.8- Give a brief account of the regulation of glycogen metabolism.
Discuss the regulation of Glycogen metabolism during well fed and fasting states.
What is the effect of a high carbohydrate meal upon blood glucose and the glucose in liver cells?
Q.9 How does the regulation of phosphorylase in the liver differ from phosphorylase regulation in muscle?
Q.10-What is the effect of changes in the insulin/glucagon ratio, blood glucose or epinephrine upon glycogen synthesis and glycogen degradation in the liver?
Q.11-What is the effect of insulin upon the cAMP cascade?
Q.12-What are the three major activators of phosphorylase in muscle?
Q.13- Draw a diagram and describe the reaction cascade by which cyclic AMP alters activity of the Glycogen Phosphorylase enzyme.
Q.15- Give a brief account of the defect,clinical presentation, laboratory diagnosis and treatment of-