- # About the Author
- # About the web site
- # Our second web site
- # Question of the day
- A New Book of Biochemistry
- Acid Base Balance
- Animations Links
- Biochemical Techniques
- Biochemistry Quiz
- Biological Oxidation
- Chemistry of Carbohydrates
- Chemistry of Lipids and Eicosanoids
- Chemistry of Nucleotides
- Chemistry of Proteins
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Diet and Nutrition
- Facebook Group Posts
- Haem Synthesis and Degradation
- Hemoglobin and Hemoglobinopathies
- Liver Function Tests
- Metabolism – Carbohydrates
- Metabolism – Lipids
- Metabolism – Nucleotides
- Metabolism – Proteins
- Metabolism of Alcohol
- Molecular Biology
- Past Papers
- Power Point Presentations
- Practical Biochemistry
- Abnormal Urine
- Blood Glucose Estimation
- Blood Urea and Urea Clearance Estimation
- Normal Laboratory Reference Values
- Normal Urine Analysis
- Power point presentations
- Protein Precipitation Reactions
- Reactions of Carbohydrates
- Serum Creatinine and Creatinine clearance estimation
- Serum Total Protein estimation
- Practice Questions
- Quick revisions
- Renal Function Tests
- Semester Paper
- Students’ corner
- Water and Electrolyte balance and Imbalance
Carbohydrate metabolism – Viva questions (unsolved)
2) What is the net energy output when the R/L shunt is active in the red blood cells?
3) Name an enzyme that uses inorganic phosphate for the phosphorylation of the substrate.
4) How is excessive fructose consumption related to obesity?
5) Why do sucrase and isomaltose deficiencies coexist?
6) Which pathway of glucose utilization is concerned with the production of ribose?
7) What is the biochemical basis of mental retardation in classical galactosemia?
8) What is the purpose of branching in glycogen structure?
9) Glucose-6-P dehydrogenase deficiency primarily affects the red blood cells, why are the other cells of the body not affected by this deficiency?
10) Name the important inhibitors of glycolysis.
11) What is the significance of rising concentration of glucose-6-P on phosphorylase enzyme?
12) What is the normal range of blood glucose level?
13) Give example of substrate level phosphorylation in TCA cycle.
14) What is mechanism of inhibition of Aconitase enzyme by fluoroacetate?
15) How do odd chain fatty acids which are considered to be glucogenic gain entry in to the main pathway?
16) What is the major outcome of uronic acid pathway?
17) How many ATP molecules are produced when glucose is completely oxidized in skeletal muscle under aerobic conditions?
18) Name the key regulatory enzyme of glycogen synthesis.
19) How do skeletal muscles contribute towards maintenance of blood glucose level?
20) What is the cause of lactic acidosis in PDH complex deficiency?
21) The skeletal muscles are deficient in glucose-6-P dehydrogenase enzyme, how do they manage to synthesize ribose?
22) Name the concerned pathway for each of the following enzymes
c) UDP-G pyro phosphorylase
d) Debranching enzyme
e) Aldolase B
23) Mention the role of 2,3 BPG in unloading of oxygen in a fetus ?
24) State the inhibitor of each of the following enzymes
a) Succinate dehydrogenase
b) Lactate dehydrogenase
c) Pyruvate dehydrogenase
d) Phospho triose isomerase
25) Name the allosteric modifiers (negative and positive) for each of the following enzymes-
b) Fructose 1,6 bisphosphatase
c) Glycogen synthase
e) Pyruvate kinase
26) Name the enzyme catalyzing the following biochemical reactions-
a) Lactate to Pyruvate
b) Malate to oxaloacetate
c) Pyruvate to Alanine
d) Glucose-6-P to Fructose-6-P
e) Glyceraldehyde-3-P to Dihydroxyacetone –P
27) “Muscle glycogen phosphorylase is non responsive to glucagon”, what is the reason?
28) Phosphorylase enzyme is active in the dephosphorylated form, is it true or false?
29) What are the major tissues for gluconeogenesis?
30) Name the coenzyme for pyruvate carboxylase enzyme .
Note- Students should refer theory notes or subjective questions of carbohydrate metabolism for getting the answers.Please help "Biochemistry for Medics" by CLICKING ON THE ADVERTISEMENTS above!